NCI's Managing Side Effects – Radiation TherapyThese Fact Sheets help patients learn how to manage side effects of radiation therapy.
NCI's Managing Radiation Therapy Fact Sheets – 9 of 9
NCI’s Full LIbrary of Managing Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheets in English and Spanish are available in CancerHelp Online – All 9 are shown above.
NCI’s Managing Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheets:
- Written by health professionals at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and based on input from patients on what side effects they need help managing.
- Cover 9 common side effects of Radiation Therapy in English and Spanish.
- Provide practical steps and advice on managing side effects so patients feel better during radiation therapy.
- Written at a patient level in non technical language so they are easy to understand.
- Available in a mobile friendly format so patients can access them wherever they go.
- Give tips on when to call the doctor or nurse which support good patient and health professional communication.
- Include colorful graphics to reinforce content like foods and drinks to help patients feel better when they have diarrhea.
iPhone view of NCI’s Managing Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheet on Urination Changes.
The CancerHelp Online “View Demo Page” button above for NCI’s Managing Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheets enable you to see and interact with the Radiation Therapy Fact Sheets webpages. See what it is like for your patients to have the Radiation Therapy Fact Sheets with them wherever they go.
This booklet serves as a companion to NCI’s Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheets Series. It has tips to help professionals talk with their patients about taking steps to manage the side effects of radiation therapy so they can feel better during treatment and comply with treatment.
NCI’s Helping Providers Help Their Patients: Using Radiation Therapy Side Effects Fact Sheets
- Written for health professionals and enables you to help your patients understand and manage their side effects.
- Provides tips to help you talk with your patients so they are empowered to take steps to manage side effects, feel better during treatment and comply with treatment.