NCI's Managing Side Effects – ChemotherapyThese Fact Sheets help patients learn how to manage the side effects of chemotherapy.
NCI’s Managing Chemotherapy Side Effects Fact Sheets:
- Written by health professionals at the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and based on input from patients on what side effects they need help managing.
- Cover 18 common side effects of chemotherapy in English and Spanish.
- Provide helpful tips on managing side effects so patients feel better during treatment.
- Written at a patient level in non technical language so they are easy to understand.
- Available in a mobile friendly format so patients can access them wherever they go.
- Give “Questions to Ask your Doctor or Nurse” which support communication.
- Include colorful graphics to reinforce content like foods and drinks to help with appetite changes.
This booklet serves as a companion to NCI’s Chemotherapy Side Effects Fact Sheets Series. It has tips to help professionals talk with their patients about taking steps to manage the side effects of chemotherapy so they can feel better during treatment and comply with treatment.
NCI’s Helping Providers Help Their Patients: Using Chemotherapy Side Effects Fact Sheets
- Written for health professionals and enables you to help your patients understand and manage their side effects.
- Provides tips to help you talk with your patients so they are empowered to take steps to manage side effects, feel better during treatment and comply with treatment.